Volunteer / Internship Positions
The Crystal Judson Family Justice Center accepts internship applications throughout the year.
How to Apply
To apply submit the Internship Application Forms via email or regular mail, Attn: Internship Coordinator. If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted to schedule an interview. If you are chosen for an internship, you will be notified by phone or by email.
The Crystal Judson Family Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal opportunities to all individuals, internship placement decisions at the FJC will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
The Crystal Judson Family Justice Center will not tolerate discrimination in selecting interns or in personnel practices including the advertisement of positions, recruitment, selection, disciplinary action or termination. These activities shall be conducted without regard to race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual preference, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Crystal Judson Family Justice Center is now accepting applications for its volunteer program. Volunteers at the FJC work in the community-based advocacy program. Volunteer work ranges from providing hospitality to clients, front office assistance, assistance on the Domestic Violence Helpline, and/or advocacy in protection order court. In addition, if you have a special talent that could benefit the FJC, we want to know about it! Please be sure to note it on your application.
Criteria for Volunteers
Volunteers working at the Family Justice Center meet the following criteria:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Agree to be interviewed
- Successfully complete the background process (including a Washington State Patrol background check)
- Agree to work at least 16 hours per month
- Agree to a one year commitment at the FJC
- Attend an Orientation Meeting
- Agree to follow the policies, procedures and operations manual for the FJC
- An additional criteria for assisting on the domestic violence helpline is completion of a certified 30 hour domestic violence training course such as the one offered by the YWCA of Pierce County.
How to Apply
To apply, complete the Volunteer Application Packet and return it, along with a copy of your driver's license, to:
- Crystal Judson Family Justice Center
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
718 Court E
Tacoma, WA 98402